Adriana Torres Chong was born in Mexico City and has worked in Mexico, France, and the United States. Her experience in these countries has allowed her to learn about different cultures and culinary specialties, and has cultivated her passion for both food and photography.
Adriana received a Bachelor's degree in Gastronomy (Culinary Arts) at the Universidad del Claustro de Sor Juana in Mexico City. She worked in the kitchens of highly acclaimed restaurants including the Au Pied de Cochon Paris and Le Cirque Mexico City. Adriana also represented quality kitchenware such as Tefal, Krups and Moulinex as head chef of their Gourmet Training Center.
At the Gourmet Center she began teaching cooking classes and taking photos of her dishes. Adriana discovered the delightful and synergistic relationship between the two, which lead her to further pursue studies in photography.
Currently Adriana lives in Honolulu where she combines her two passions by doing freelance food styling and photography and teaching Mexican Cuisine at the University of Hawaii's Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Kapiolani Community College (KCC). She is a proud a member of Les Dames D'Escoffier International.
Adriana's photos have been featured in the United States and abroad.
Her clients include:
- The Kahala Hotel and Resort
- Halekulani Hotel
- Chef Mavro
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- Watermark Publishing
- Hawaii Private Chef
- Akamai Foods
- Gourmet Foods Hawaii
- Kapiolani Community College
- University of Hawaii
- Xtreme Tacos
Her work can be found in the following Watermark Publishing books:
- A DASH of Aloha, -released on February 2008 Healthy Hawai'i Cuisine and Lifestyle
- The Hawai'i Farmers Market Cookbook - released on June 2010 The Chef's Guide to Fresh Island Foods
Food Styling and Photography
- The Hawai'i Coffee Book, -released on June 2008
- A Gourmet's Guide from Kona to Kaua'i
- The Maui Book of Lavender- released on January 2009
- Kau Kau -released on January 2010
- Cuisine & Culture in the Hawaian Islands
- The Hawaii Book of Rice- Will be released on May 20 2011!!!
- Tales, Trivia and 101 Great Recipes